Thứ Tư, 9 tháng 2, 2011

I'm over on Honeysuckle Lane!!


I am sure you remember the loveliness that is Simple Joys Paperie?  It was my first ever Wonderful Wednesday post.  Lana's pretty little blog Honeysuckle Lane is filled with gorgeousness, just like her shop.  So today, head on over there to see my little interview and learn a wee bit more about me...like what was the first thing I ever sewed...

Tattered Angel Wings

~ Update: these have already sold (thank you!) and I will do my best to get a few more made within the next week or so. ~ I have been working on orders during the Thanksiving holiday and even though I really enjoy making paper wreaths, I just had to take a break and make something different. Still thinking paper, but something old, something tattered, something a bit more whimsical... I thought of angel's wings. My daughter is putting together our church Christmas play this year and her comment about having to order more angel's wings popped into my head.
Angel's wings... hmmm... the project was quite time consuming, but I tore out pages from vintage books, rolled and glued, and rolled and glued more pages, and rolled and glued even more pages, listening to Christmas music as I worked. I didn't think it through ahead of time, but just worked as I sang with the music, and it finally came together late this afternoon.

I like how this design turned out and it was worth all the time it took.
You can see more photos and read the details here:
Simple Joys Paperie.
I'll be trying to think of more designs over the next few weeks to debut in January of 2010... which isn't that far away!
 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét