Thứ Ba, 15 tháng 2, 2011

Phellodendron necklace


Exploring further the gifts of nature and in regard to my organic jewelery series, for this project I ventured into the magnificent family of Phellodendron or more commonly known as the cork tree.

For this necklace I sliced the cork and used different embroidery thread to embellish the surface.
Don't they look like small crocheted granny circles?

Although its construction was quite exhaustive, time consuming and painful (my fingers still ache), it was really worth making.
Along with my Melon necklaces this is the second, most favourite piece.

I can even wear it as a bracelet.

Credits:
I would like to thank Mr. Thimble who proved quite a helpful assistant in my persistent efforts to conquer the cork and make it succumb to the will of my embroidery needle.

I would also like to thank Mrs. Needle who acted strangely sometimes and faltered on the way through, but was strong enough not to break during the process.

2 nhận xét: